Ankle & Foot specialist in Edison and Warren NJ
Foot pain is not normal, yet millions of us live with it every day. It keeps us from being active, completing daily tasks, and enjoying the things we used to enjoy. But it doesn’t have to be this way. Whether you’re suffering from heel pain, a sports injury, an ingrown toenail, bunion, or any other foot or ankle condition, Dr. Jyostna Thapar, a trained foot and ankle specialist, is here to help the people of Edison, Warren, South Plainfield and surrounding communities get back on their feet, pain free. Some of our specialties include:
- A wide variety of treatments for bunions depending on both the severity of the condition and your personal lifestyle goals and needs, ranging from simply finding you a wider pair of shoes to orthotics or surgery.
- Help with troublesome heel pain, whether it’s plantar fasciitis, bursitis, tendonitis, heel spurs, or some other condition.
- Relief from pain, tingling, and numbness due to nerve damage (including diabetic neuropathy). Dr. Thapar is one of the few podiatrists specially trained in peripheral nerve surgery techniques pioneered by Dr. A. Lee Dellon to reverse the symptoms of diabetic neuropathy.
- Advanced diagnostic and treatment technology, including testing for peripheral artery disease, digital imaging ultrasound, radiofrequency nerve ablation, shockwave therapy for heel pain, and more.
- Fitting for orthotics, devices custom-designed to fit your unique foot shape (and no one else’s) and provide any extra support, cushioning, or realignment you need to correct posture and alleviate pain.
- Relief from skin and nail issues such ingrown toenails and fungal toenails.
We have a friendly, courteous environment that will make your visit pleasant and relaxing, and we believe that the relationship between doctor and patient is special and requires trust on both sides. The highest quality care comes only when patient and physician establish a relationship as individuals and take the time to fully listen to concerns, understand one another, and know that the door is always open. Whatever you need, and whether you are bringing in your child, your parent, or grandparent, we maintain the highest professional standards in our specialty.
Office Hours & Locations
South Plainfield / Edison Office
908 Oak Tree Avenue, Suite R
South Plainfield, NJ 07080
Mon; 9am – 2pm
Wed; 9am – 6:30pm
Thu; 9am – 1pm
Sat; 9am – 12pm
65 Mountain Blvd Ext., Suite 107
Warren, NJ 07059
(732) 356-3668 (FOOT)
Tue; 9am – 6:30pm
Thu; 1pm – 6:30pm
Sat; 9am – 12pm
Our Latest Blogs
Active kids are healthy kids! Whether your child is an Edison Eagle, is part of a summer league, or engages in their own sporting fun and goals, it’s great to support all the positive effects and lessons athletics can bring. With any physical activity, however, can...read more
There’s nothing like watching your children play. Whether they’re tearing it up around Roosevelt Park or imagining their own little world in your backyard, it’s enough to want to join in sometimes. Here’s some easy advice: you should! Taking time to play as a family...read more
Treatment Options for Tendonitis If you are suddenly experiencing pain in your foot or ankle, the culprit may be a case of tendonitis. Tendonitis occurs when the muscles in your foot or ankle, often the plantar fascia, are overused or stretched incorrectly during...read more